Applications for Drones in Surveying
Watch The Webinar Recording
Drones are revolutionising the way surveyors gather data, making day-to-day operations faster, safer and more cost-effective when compared to traditional surveying methods. Despite these benefits, many businesses are unsure of what is needed to get started and how to integrate drones into their current workflow. During this free webinar, James Pick, COPTRZ UAV Strategist will discuss the subject in more detail and give you an insight into how you can capitalise on the use of drone technology.
What You'll Learn
- When to use drones over traditional surveying methods.
- The equipment needed to get started.
- How and why you need to become CAA approved to use drones commercially.
- Aerial photogrammetry or LiDAR. Which one should you choose?
- How to maintain millimetre accuracy.
- The quality of data you can expect to achieve from the use of drones.
About James Pick
As a COPTRZ UAV Strategist, James works closely with businesses to enable them to benefit from the use of drones in surveying and mapping. Prior to working in the UAV industry, James worked as a Dimensional Control Surveyor and holds a degree in Surveying and Mapping Science, Geomatics from the University of Newcastle.